Thursday, May 12, 2011
6 days into 21 years of living, loving every bit of my life (:
Spent my 21st birthday in my own unique way - overseas.
Although I have been overseas with my friends a couple of times, this is the first time I went overseas with my dear sister. Just the two of us (:
This Phuket trip can be considered quite an adventure given that we didn't do much research about the place and simply went there with a brief idea what to do and left the remaining to fate LOL.
Quite an exciting trip overall, trying out things I have never done before.
Memorable 21st (:
4d3n broken down into:
Day 1 - Settle down, explore neighbourhood
Day 2 - Elephant trekking, Water rafting, Simon Cabaret (Transvestite show)
Day 3 - Island hopping via Speedboat (to Phi Phi and nearby islands), Snorkelling
Day 4 - Patong beach and shopping in neighbourhood
Something new, something different everyday.
4 days of celebration (:
I always loved travelling because it always give me the opportunity to learn more about another culture, another country, another group of people. At the end if every trip, I take away a new experience, gain a new insight and somehow, feel stronger and more driven.
Anyway, 4 days in Phuket, what I can say is: I love the Thais for their friendliness, for their enthusiasm in the things they do, their relaxed and simple lifestyle.
Someday, I'm going to Phuket again (:
Oh yes, through this trip, my social skills also went to a higher level - interacting with foreigners!
Aussies, Dubai, Dutch, Londoners, French...
Yes yes, no more crapping and nonsense with the fellow Singaporeans. New people, new feel.
I mean, not that I'm a quiet and reserved person, but generally, I don't really have the habit of talking to strangers and foreigners (like westerners etc) when I'm overseas with my friends.
I think that's the thing about travelling in small groups (unlike the usual big groups I always travel with). You don't keep to yourself and will be more open to talking to strangers, interacting with them.
Heh heh. I'm gonna print the photos out and make a nice album to remember this memorable 21st.
And to my bestie, best friends, good friends etc. Don't worry about missing my birthday because you people are having exams or busy or what okay... We can always have some belated celebration some other time.
Love you all the same <3
Labels: twentyfirst
i came to shout at 2:37:00 PM